Monday, September 24, 2012

A hospital bed-no place to hunt from

   For some reason I tend to get infections from any sort of medical procedures. Without going into detail, I recently had what began as a routine exam then wound up having several biopsies taken.
   A day or two later I noticed fly-like symptoms. My legs ached to the point I couldn't get comfortable, and I had very extreme chills.
   Having had similar symptoms twice before off we went to the emergency room then on to the hospital where I now am. The source and type of the infection hasn't been determined but I am already on the mend and feeling much better due to all of the IV antibiotic they have been giving me.
   So, instead of getting the hunting stuff ready-I'll miss bow for the umpteenth year-I should be home packing to visit our new granddaughter, Lily Grace in the UK.
   That trip is a tad on hold due to these medical conditions that have cropped up. You never know how good you have it until you don't have it. And when you are in the hospital feeling sorry for your present condition, all you need to do is look around and you'll surely see someone hurting more than you.
   It's a blessing to all of us to be able to do the things we do and have the wonderful support of family, friends and caring medical professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment