Monday, March 2, 2015

Springtime is getting close

Maybe I'm putting the cart ahead of the horse. But give me one day with warmer weather-even if it's in the 20's-and my thoughts go to cleaning the garage, slowly sorting through fishing tackle and just in general, staying outside longer, even if it is in the garage.
I have two kayaks that have been swinging from the garage rafters where they have been stored since last fall.
The trouble is they are just at the right height to chuck stuff into when I don't know where to put it. I think everything contained in both boats is related to kayak fishing but I won't know until I lower them or climb up so I can look inside.
Not the best way to operate but like many of you, I still fight the organization battle. And with me, it is a never ending battle.
I'm not going to tell you to get the yaks out, find the pfd's and getting ready for soft water. Not today, but if we get many more of these so called "nice days," I may cave in.
Soon, we'll all have enough to do and not enough time to get it done. Yard and garden work, those projects that need attending to on the house and gradually getting the warmer clothes to the front of the closet, putting the heavier winter stuff in the back.
But here in Michigan, one thing is for sure. Just when you think it's going to be nice weather and smooth sailing for awhile, bang, here comes another snowstorm.
Now where did I put my heavy coat and gloves?

No comments:

Post a Comment