Monday, March 30, 2015

Sunny Monday is welcome

Despite the wind and cold weather over the weekend, today feels warmer and more like spring even with the winds still blowing making it for a chilly start for the week.
Ice is prevalent around the lakes here in Oakland County. East and North on the Great Lakes ice break up is under way.
I know it's last ice but stay off. You not only put yourself at risk, you risk the lives of those that come to your aid.
No fish is worth a life or the rescue efforts that go into first finding you, then getting you off the ice and home safe.
I haven't made it into the garage for a cleaning and organizing trip yet. With no heat out there it's a little like stepping into a freezer/cooler in a restaurant or butcher shop.
For me, ice out is going to be time for the first launch of the season for my fishing kayak. If it were today I wouldn't be ready to go.
Too much stuff laying all around with nothing in it's right place. I'm envious of those that have garages you can eat off the floor, look around briefly and find that rod, bait or tool you need with very little searching.
It's time to get rid of more stuff or bite the bullet, put the time in and get it straightened out once and for all.
At this stage of life I've learned how important it is to put things back where they belong. My dad was fond of saying, "You've got it in your hand, go put it away." Great advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment