Thursday, September 24, 2015

Busy, Seasons, Caring for Spouse

This year has flown by for us. It certainly is true that the older you get the faster time moves. My wife and I can attest to that.
I'm caring for my wife Pat after she had a nasty fall one week ago. She was entering an office building for an appointment when she fell, full body, landing almost directly on her face and left hand.
The result was three broken bones in the left hand, heavy swelling to her left eye about the size of a lime, and lots of swelling with black, blue and now yellow on the left side of her face and down through her chest.
The palm and inside of the wrist of the left hand are black from bruising. Her poor, tiny hand is swollen and looks nasty.
The orthopedic doc is keeping it wrapped in a bandage and wants her to mover her fingers and thumb as a form of therapy. The rest will take time.
I was able to get out today on a local lake with my new Wilderness Ride 115 fishing kayak. Just a test run to see how she worked.
This thing is considerably stable to any of the other yaks I have owned or paddled. You can stand in it, which I did in shallow water close to shore, but it would take practice for an old guy like me to be able to do it with consistency and confidence.
This boat has a new, adjustable seat that is very comfortable. I had it in the high position most of the time on the lake which made casting a lot easier.
We  are in the midst of busy outdoor seasons. You can do just about anything you are interested in from hunting to fishing, bird watching and camping. There's something for all of us just outside the door.
Take care and have a safe fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment