Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Some terms from the past year

   Terminology over the year seems to come from the officials in Washington, D.C. We now have "kicking the can down the road" as in putting a decision or action off.
   Some people are busy "occupying" something. Lately, there is talk of a play about occupying the North Pole. You wonder what is next following the occupation of Wall Street and big city parks.
   We used to have "to do" lists. Now we have "bucket lists" that can include to do subjects, but most often have to do with things we would like to personally do such as sailing around the world, hunting big game or some exotic trip.
   You can read more about it in this Sunday's column. In the meantime, pardon me while I kick the can down the road as I go over my bucket list while occupying my recliner and watching the Lions this Saturday.
   Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment