Friday, August 31, 2012

First moon landing-Where were you?

   Astronaut Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon is one of those historic events that many of us remember where we were and what we were doing. I was t work.
   My wife Pat was at the home of good friends Tom and Denise Ferguson on Middle Straits Lake in West Bloomfield.
   Our first born, Michael, was about six months old. "I remember holding him on my lap with the TV on and telling him that later, when he was older I was going to tell him he had watched the first landing and moon walk," she said following the announcement of Neil Armstrong's passing.
   How about you? Where were you and what were you doing? It's fun to remember those historical events, especially if you were able to witness them, even if it was through TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment