Friday, December 24, 2010

Quiet the day before Christmas

Our road seems quiet. There aren't many cars heading out, taking occupants to the work place today.
Just about everyone is done shopping. There may still be a bit of a rush this morning, but I'll bet by the time the afternoon rolls around, even the malls will find a scarcity of people.
Our day is spent doing some cleaning and cooking, then later, getting ready for the late Mass and singing of Christmas Carols.
I find that it's nice being outside Christmas eve because it's so quiet. In my running days I never missed going on a run before going to church. It was made more special if it was snowing.
With two total knee replacements I've had to join the walking crowd. Maybe Molly and I will take a short "shuftie" as the Brits call a short walk.
Whatever your plans are for the Christmas season, I hope you have a happy, safe, and merry one.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I will have a nice quiet Christmas holiday and spend some quiet time at an Oakland County Park to watch the over abundant deer and hope one doesn't hit my car.

    ReplyDelete