Friday, August 26, 2011

Surgical update

As of this past mid-week there has been a flurry of activity at our house. Upcoming plans have changed drastically that required hotel reservations to be cancelled, trip registrations changed, and the beginnings of getting some of the heavier work done around the home front in prepartatiion for winter.
   The reason has to do with that rotator cuff problem I mentioned last week. Seems as though the doctors and my wife feel the surgery to correct it should be done now rather than later. There is some concern that the tear could worsen if treatment is prolonged. And one doc commented that the tear was quite large.
   So, to keep peace on all fronts the date for the operation has been moved up to next Wednesday. I can hardly wait!
   Seriously, this is being described as kind of major and painful. At least a month in a sling with no movement followed up by several months of physical therapy the kind where the therepast moves the arm.
   I've been told that this is going to be more challenging than the two knee replacements I have been through. The downsise to all of this is no salmon fishing this fall. And no trip out east for a family reunion.
   If all goes well, I'll be sitting in a recliner, watching the world go by. I just hope by ice fishing season I will be up and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment